Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Freddie Mercury charm bracelet




This isn't vintage...I actually bought it off eBay several months ago, and it's so unique that I just had to upload a few pics of it!  Hard to believe it's been a little more than 20 years since Freddie died...it was truly as sad day for rock 'n' roll, since on that same day, November 24, 1991, rock also lost legendary Kiss drummer Eric Carr, of brain cancer.  My ex actually has one of Eric's floor toms! :) 

I grew up listening to Queen so much as a teenager (and Kiss, too, but not as much because my mother did not allow me to buy their albums, ha ha!) and Freddie was so much more than one of the biggest voices in rock history - he was also a fashion icon!  In a future post at some point, I'll do an entry featuring Freddie-inspired clothing.
R.I.P. Freddie and Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment